-an old book
-frames (with glass)
-multi surface spray paint
-a plastic shallow bowl
and turned it into the picture above! I only paid 12$ for the entire project! So read along and I will show you how to make these beautiful and easy pictures.
1) First find some frames that you like. Take out the backing and glass and place that to the side. Then get your spray paint, I'm using Rust-Oleum found at Home Depot for 6$. Spray the frames one time, allow to dry then spray them once more. Allow to dry.
I used cardboard boxes on the grass so I don't get paint every where.
2) Below you can see all the things I listed above. I am using the backing out of the frame to be where I place my book pages. Don't worry about any imperfections in the backing, you wont be able to tell.
3) Taking your Elmers Glue, fill your bowl with a little bit of water then add in glue. It should look like the picture to the right (a milky consistency).
4) Rip out pages from your book. You can rip up your pages and also burn the edges of the paper for more detail. But be careful, it can get dangerous.
5) Place your book pages around exactly where you want them. I do this so I know a layout, then take a picture with my phone so I can get it to look perfect.
6) Using your sponge, wet the back of your book page and backing with the glue.
7) Apply. Do this all over until you get all your pages glued on.
8) Below you can see I have finished laying down and gluing my book pages, so now I'm going to let this dry.
9) When it dries, use scissors to cut any pages hanging over your backing.
10) Then put frame back together, and place your art inside!
11) If you want to get creative, get some acrylic paint and add some art work onto the glass. ( I did it on the glass so if I messed up or wanted to change it later on I could wipe it off.)
AND THAT'S IT!